Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
I’ve had a great 2014, it’s been such a blessing! My son was born Sept 2013 and is now almost 16 months old! He has brought so much joy to our lives! Every heartache and painful emotion I felt prior to conceiving him was truly worth it. It’s really like they all say, it’s like no other love you’ve felt. Mr. Truffles and I are so thankful.
You can follow my previous journey of my 1st BFP in the blog posts from 2013 in a bit more detail. But to sum up: I conceived Baby Truffles through IVF after over 2 years. The 2nd fresh round, we got a sticky one and out came a beautiful boy. It was a rough journey. One that I thought I would never see the light at the end of the tunnel, but low and behold, we were blessed.
Now we are thinking of trying for Baby 2. We are very thankful and in no way take having Baby 1 for granted. It does seem less scary as I am ready to embark on yet another conception journey. I just ordered my conception kit of ovulation sticks and just ended my period yesterday. We were diagnosed to have unexplained infertility. Although we conceived through IVF, we are praying that a natural conception will happen this time. So, we will see.
Hopefully this journey will be a little less stressful – I think it will be.
I wanted to document my journey again. Even though I didn’t write much in it after I got my first BFP, I did go back and re-read my entries a few times and went back to see how my blogger friends were doing. Thanks for the continued support in reading and commenting on my posts while I was on hiatus. I hope my previous journey, and maybe this journey will help others as all of the other bloggers have helped me.
Hi Blog World, I’m still here, and still cooking (a baby) 🙂 I guess I have tons to catch you up on! Here are some random catch-up blurbs:
- I’m 27 weeks pregnant (as of yesterday) Some phone apps tell you that the 27th week marks the beginning of the third trimester, other apps tell you that the 28th week is the third, so i’m either there, or almost there.
- I haven’t had any bad symptoms this whole entire pregnancy! (knock on wood) I feel super blessed that this pregnancy has been such a breeze (compared to conceiving)
- I found out I am having a Boy and boy is he one active little fella. He twirls, moves, and flips around all day in my belly. (even as I type)
- Just yesterday was the first time I felt him doing hiccups. I’ve heard of this from other preggo ladies who are a bit ahead of me, but finally felt it on my own yesterday during a meeting at work! It feels like a steady rhythmic pulse that lasted for about 5 minutes.
- Last month I came back from a baby moon from the Caribbean, and had a wonderful time with the hubby. Then I came back and had a bit of vacation blues, thinking our vacations will be so different (i know, in a good way!) from now on!
- I’m going to be moving next month, to a little bit more spacious place, and have been focusing on the move. Therefore I haven’t done anything for the baby! I think i’m starting to feel a little nervous and feel like I want to be nesting….
- I’m a little low on iron so I started taking an iron supplement a few days ago.
- I passed my Glucose Test – that wasn’t fun. waiting around for 3 hours in the waiting room, and getting 3 blood draws is no fun.
- I dont feel like I have any specific cravings, but if you ask Mr. Truffles, he’d probably say I have been wanting to eat a lot of pizza and icecream. Pizza I liked before but I think I may like extra these days, and ice-cream I’ve never really liked but feel like eating it once in a while.
- I’ve been having some tailbone pain, I think its caused by my growing uterus and the pressure of it all, and the fact that I sit in front of the computer most of my work day….
- I also get random bloody noses, but I hear that’s common during pregnancy.
Other than that I can’t think of anything that’s really been going on. Hence the lack of updates. I need to get back into blogging. I’ve been so lazy! I’m excited to read about how everyone else is doing….
It’s hard to tell…
I don’t have any real symptoms besides the fact that I pee all the time… but that’s not really a symptom since I did that before I got a BFP anyway.
I don’t have sore boobs, no nausea, i’m tired, but not THAT tired.
Am I really pregnant!
oh, one thing I do have are really vivid dreams – like super detailed, and about ppl that I haven’t thought about in a long time… ppl from my highschool!
I was officially 5 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. I have my first ultrasound on the 7th of February, and it cannot come soon enough.