Welcome ICLWers. Please see ‘a little about me’ to see my ttc story.
Since my last failed IVF, we have been in a state of limbo. When I say limbo, I mean, we weren’t sure what or when we’re going to do next. Mr. Truffles and I have had some issues that stemmed from one of my previous posts about him not being there for my beta, and not understanding why I would be upset. Well, that fight turned into a bigger one and now Mr. Truffles is not sure he wants to go on with the FET.
Well that’s just great. The reason why we are going through all of these stupid treatments is because we cannot get pregnant, and now we want to put that on hold? I understand that we are not ‘all good’ right now, but we will be, and time is of the essence when tccing. Waiting will only induce more stress and elongate our tcc pain. If I were 25, I would agree to wait with him until we felt better. But anyway, to make a long story short, I convinced him that we should continue on with the FET, and I’m thankful that he agreed because:
- we only have 1 embryo – when we transferred our best 2 embryos during the fresh cycle, it obviously lead to a bfn
- there’s only a 50% change that it will even thaw. if it doesn’t thaw, i guess this cycle will just be a bust.
- we are not permitted to go onto our next round of IVF until FET #1 is performed. So that will mean I cannot do IVF until November. I’m not sure I want to wait that long. but if i did, i want to wait for other reasons than there being no other option. Basically, I do not have a lot of hope in this cycle, but want to do it for the sake of ‘process’ to progress.
Anyway, so we are going to be doing our natural FET #1. My pharmacy called today and I ordered my HCG, prometrium, and doxy (but I didn’t order the doxy because I have some left). Why is it still $119.49? Our bank account has been taking some major hits through this IF. thieves.
I will be doing the natural cycle which there really isn’t that much to. I basically take an antibiotic (doxy) for a few days to rid my body of any potential infections, take my opk tests, and call if I get an LH surge. I will be going on a few ultra sound visits to check my follicle size. If it is big enough, I will proceed with an HCG injection instead of waiting for a natural LH surge and go from there with the transfer, and then take the prometrium from there on until beta. I’m already on day 7 of my cycle, so I will be doing my OPK’s this weekend and start doxy next week. My estimated transfer date is on Sept 3rd and my estimated beta is on Sept 11.
I just want the weeks to go by fast. That is all. Thanks for stopping by!